Shutterfly!

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, March 27, 2009

A liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet


Today I did it: I bought my first gun!

I say that as if I have any intention of buying more, though I do not. Still, I think I will sleep better tonight knowing that if I hear a noise I can protect myself. I feel a lot better about being a gun owner than by owning a security system that depends on others to get here to 'save me.'

The guy at "Guns Galore" (that's seriously the name of the place I bought it at!) was very nice and showed me the safety key and explained to me the difference in ammo. I bought one small box of hollowpoints and the gun I picked up is a Rossi 5 shot Revolver. I was in and out of that place in 15 minutes, no lie. Sometimes I don't mind Texas!

I also ended up getting a small gun safe that can only be opened by a code, so I feel 100% better about having a gun in the house Stevie lives in knowing he absolutely could not get to it any time.

I think Josh is going to feel a lot better now that I made these purchases. I wish I bought these months ago! I am going to bed here once Josh calls and I know I'm going to sleep like a rock (finally!)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the purchase! I am glad it makes you feel a bit better! I think you are right, Texas is probably the only place you can get in and out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you should have gotten the pink one...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Rhandi! Josh would have LOVED that!

    ReplyDelete