Shutterfly!

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Changes

All in all, 2009 wasn't that bad. Yes, Josh missed half of it, but more importantly he also came home. Stephen started school, He turned "3" and had an over-the-top party that I probably enjoyed more than him (!), we also saw lots of family and spent time exploring Texas and working on our home....

The start of a new year always makes me a bit sentimental and a little overwhelmed. Yes, 2009 was fabulous, and in general I like my life and how we "run this show," but the new year makes me want to re-access things. Do I really like the way the hall closet is organized, or can I do it better? Everything from our finances to our home I find myself contemplating.

The main thing that is my personal resolution this year is actually going to be a tough one for me. Yes, I should cuss less and yes, I would like a smaller butt; But no, these are not my resolutions. I am holding myself responsible for the situations I put myself in and the people I chose to associate with.

I like to help and fix things and sometimes I remind myself too late that I cannot help or "fix" everyone. If Jane Doe makes a choice that I do not agree with I need to let it roll and next time Jane asks me for help or a favor or wants to cry on my shoulder I need to find somewhere else to be. My shoulder needs to be busy elsewhere. If others are going to make dumb decisions I need to let them, and make my own decisions which would responsibly lead to me finding new friends, new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment